Why Those with bent Penis suffer Lack of Erection at times (Peyronie’s Disease)
Peyronie’s disease is a penis problem caused by scar tissue, called plaque, that forms inside the penis.
It is a type of an uncommon condition that affects a man’s sex life, because his penis curves abnormally and causes pains when he has an erection, he might also be unable to have a hard Erection.
Most men with Peyronie’s disease can still have sex. But for some, it can be painful and comes with erectile dysfunction.
Who are the people who end up having Peyronie’s Disease??
Although it mostly happens in middle-aged men, younger and older men can get it.
Early Symptoms of Peyronie Disease
Symptoms may develop slowly or appear overnight. When the penis is soft, you can’t see a problem.
- Scar tissue. The scar tissue associated with Peyronie’s disease — called plaque but different from plaque that can build up in blood vessels — can be felt under the skin of the penis as flat lumps or a band of hard tissue.
- A significant bend to the penis. Your penis might curve upward or downward or bend to one side.
- Erection problems. Peyronie’s disease might cause problems getting or maintaining an erection (erectile dysfunction). But, often men report erectile dysfunction before the beginning of Peyronie’s disease symptoms.
- Shortening of the penis. Your penis might become shorter as a result of Peyronie’s disease.
- Pain. You might have penile pain, with or without an erection.
- Other penile deformities. In some men with Peyronie’s disease, the erect penis might have narrowing, indentations or even an hourglass-like appearance, with a tight, narrow band around the shaft.
The curvature and penile shortening associated with Peyronie’s disease might gradually worsen. At some point, however, the condition typically stabilizes after three to 12 months or so.
Pain during erections usually improves within one to two years, but the scar tissue, penile shortening and curvature often remain. In some men, both the curvature and pain associated with Peyronie’s disease improve without treatment.
What to do about it??
click on the Whatsapp button on your screen or click HERE or Contact your doctor